MICKEY X MINNIE WAFFLES

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Short mid-week post because all my Asia trip pictures are back at home on my 2TB hard drive *boo*





Last week I made these extremely cute Disney waffles from what is actually a sandwich maker! I've been using this machine the entire time as a waffle maker but I just found out then that it was for grilling sandwiches encased with yummy fillings.





If you haven't read my previous waffle post, here's the link, where I have put my lazy waffle recipe. This time, I made it with much more effort, separating the egg yolks and whites because my mom prefers waffles on the fluffier and lighter side. So here's another recipe I use for waffles:





I added coffee powder to my batter


~ Ingredients ~

3 eggs, separated
1 cup milk
1.5 cup flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp oil or melted butter

~ Method ~

1. Beat yolks, oil, and flavouring essence (optional)
2. Mix flour, salt, sugar, baking powder in another bowl.
3. Beat whites with sugar until stiff peaks
4. Mix yolk mixture with dry ingredients.
5. Mix milk with yolk mixture.
6. Fold the whites into the yolk mixture
7. Pour in waffle pan and cook according to your waffle (or sandwich) maker's instructions!



I had to buy something from Williams-Sonoma one day. So it was this honey dipping thing


I've loved Winnie-the-Pooh since I was very young, and many things in my room are officially Winnie-the-Pooh (because there are knock-off ones which look similar but very uncanny, and hence quite freaky). Since Pooh bear enjoys his bread with honey and butter, although we all know it's really honey that he actually wants, I enjoy my waffles with honey and butter





And if you were wondering, I do like my toast with honey and butter as well.
But after my trip to Malaysia, I think kaya (coconut curd, pronounced guy-yang), can easily replace this delicious honey-butter combo.



My mom really likes peanut butter and we had a much-too-ripe banana


Breakfast with Mommy



X
MUAH MUAH MUAH
VICKI CHOW



P/S


School never feels like school during the first week. I suppose this is good for me since now I'll have a little transitioning period. But what hasn't changed is my gym attendance *yay*


$1 + free coffee = a wonderful breakfast

My friends and I unintentionally spent 6 hours in IKEA one summer day. It was originally supposed to be for their $1 breakfast (pictured), but then we arrived 10 minutes before their breakfast switched to lunch. And lunch means IKEA swedish meatballs plus lingonberry jam (pictured), which we did eat an hour and a half after breakfast. After which we continued to walk around IKEA and open cabinets, peek into closets, sit in sofas, lie on beds, spin in chairs, and do everything else you do when you go to IKEA. We ended with their frozen yogurt because there was just too many people buying it - so I had to buy one too.

Do you enjoy waking up for breakfast?


Subscribe